Tuesday 6 May 2014

Graphic Novel Review: Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples

Buy This Book
Volume 1
Pages: 160
Published: Oct 2012

Genres: Graphic Novel, Fantasy,Science Fiction, Adult

Goodreads Synopsis... 
When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe.

Review...
 
I couldn't possibly have picked a better first graphic novel to read. Saga was amazing! It was like a 5 star meal with many courses. Each one incredibly delicious, making my mouth water for what would come next.

The writing and dialogue was interesting and funny. The characters were all crazy and different. Everyone having their own unique voice, and I loved all of them. I also really liked that the baby that is born, is the one telling the story. Its almost like you get a secret glimpse into their lives.

The world or should I say universe that this is set in, is captivating and rich. Both because of the strange and amazing characters that fill them. And also because of the beautiful and detailed way they are shown in the illustrations. The themes of family, race, war and love are dealt with in a subtle way which I appreciated. 

Just overall this was an amazing graphic novel, and I cant wait to read volume 2!

5/5

2 comments:

  1. I have been hearing about this graphic novel a lot lately. It's on my wishlist. I WILL read it this summer. I WILL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! It is such a great book. Hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete