Monday 25 November 2013

Book Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

Book 1 in 'Penryn & the End of Days' series.
Pages: 247
Published: May 2011
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Post Apocalyptic

Synopsis...

Six weeks ago, angels descended onto earth and caused chaos. Now in a post apocalyptic world, where everyone lives in fear of the warrior angels, the street gangs, and basically everyone else. A seventeen year old girl named, Penryn. Her wheelchair bound little sister, and her crazy mother who thinks she is terrorized by demons. Try to escape the city, and get to somewhere more isolated.

As they try to do this, they stumble across an all out fight among some angels. Penryn helps to save one of the angels, and her younger sister is stolen from her in the process; while her mother vanishes. She makes a deal with the angel she saved named, Raffe. To find her sister, and save her from the cruel angels who snatched her. The two of them travel together across California, a very very unlikely pair. 

Review...
So this may sound like some run-of-the-mill YA, paranormal romance, but just with angels. But believe me when I say it is so much more. Let me start by saying I have nothing negative to say about this book. Nothing! Nothing at all is wrong. Its just perfection, and Im pretty sure it may be my favourite book this year. The characters were so interesting, they had such depth, and where so three dimensional. Especially the crazy mom, who does things like draw with lipstick on dead bodies, and who is continually hiding from demons no one else can see. (Maybe because they don't exist, but who knows?) She was without a doubt my favourite character, I love her so much!


The setting was incredibly well described. I felt like I was there, and it was done so in a seamless way. It was fast paced, it was action packed, and it drew me in immediately and never let go. Also this book had the perfect balance of creepiness and weirdness thanks to the mom and the amazing writing. I recommend this book with every bone in my body! Please, read it! You wont regret it.

5/5 


No comments:

Post a Comment