Monday 29 April 2013

Book Review: Chasing The Dark by Sam Hepburn

Pages: 352
Published: 6 June 2013
Genres: Teen, Adventure, Thriller, Mystery

A copy of this book was given to me for review, from the Book Depository.

Synopsis...
Joe Slattery is a 14 year old boy, whose mother has just died in a hit and run. Along with a stranger she was in the car with. As time goes by, Joe realizes there are many secrets surrounding the crash. And mysteries no one seems to know the answers to. One night, Joe takes his dog, Oz. On a walk through the woods, where he comes across an abandoned glass mansion. Where his search for the truth begins.

 
Review...

I didn't have high expectations for this book. The cover and the synopsis dont really jump out at me. But I'm so glad I got the opportunity to read this anyway.

Chasing the dark, was just such a fun and interesting book to read, and I really enjoyed it. The best thing about this book for me, was the mystery. It started off seeming quite boring, and ordinary. But then it flourished and grew, so that by the end of it. I had no idea what the big reveal would be. Although I'm not completely amazing at figuring out mysteries before they happen. I have been recently, in some of the other books I've been reading. So it was a nice surprise to see that this teen fiction had a great mystery.

Although the book felt a bit too fast at times, and there werent enough interesting characters in the first section of the book (other than the awesome dog, Oz). I still flew right through this fast paced mystery/adventure book, and would definitely recommend it. Great for a quick read, or for getting out of a reading slump.

4/5 

Video Review...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment